Makeup must haves to beat the heat
From the sunny beach to hot city commutes, the heat can cause even the most perfectly applied makeup to melt and smudge up a storm!
Shopicks is here to tell you, these sweaty episodes are a thing of the past. Just follow our sweat-free makeup tips to achieve flawless looks that will stick, from day to night.
- Apply a “sprinkle” of Pixi Make-Up Fixing Mist to your freshly washed skin at the start and at the end of your regime. Rich in green tea and rose water, this refreshing tonic prolongs makeup wear and keeps it set, leaving you with a soft focus finish.
- Invest in a quality primer, a must-have face product that functions as a sealant to hold your makeup in place, absorbing oil and keeping you shine-free. We love the Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing as it smooths out imperfections, reduces pore visibility, and, best of all, is sweat and humidity resistant. Make sure to sweep the primer across your t-zone and eyelids – this will also help keep your eyeshadow in place.
- Apply an oil-free powder foundation to skin for a natural look. Shiseido Pureness Matifying Compact Oil-Free Refill absorbs any excess moisture, leaving your face with a sleek matte finish and a further reduction in the appearance of pores. Available in a variety of shades, ranging from Light Ivory to Natural Bronze, skin feels light and fresh after application.
- Stick to a cream-based oil-free blusher – they blend better into skin as they don’t sit on top of makeup. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Liquid Blush, available in 10 beautiful shades to compliment all skin tones, has a water-based formula that can be applied to cheeks with your fingertips. The result is a dewy effect, giving your cheeks a subtle glow that lasts all day.
- Keep your eyes streak and flake-free by selecting a long lasting liquid eyeliner. Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner by Stila has an ultra-thin tip for precise application, to achieve perfectly lined eyes. The waterproof formula also ensures no smudging throughout the day or night – just leave it a minute to set before braving the humidity!
- We also recommend a waterproof mascara to stop your makeup from running. Waterproof choices are better at tackling flaking, clumping and smudges across the eyes and face. The ‘High Impact’ Waterproof Mascara by Clinique defines and adds volume to lashes for a glamorous look, with a developed formula that holds up against high heat and humidity.
- When it comes to the perfect pout, lock that color in by first applying a thin layer of concealer or primer over lips. AERIN’s Rose Balm Lipstick gets our vote, as the ten shades provide subtle color coverage whilst moisturizing lips for the perfect summer shine. The natural wax also works to seal in moisture, keeping color in place all day.Finish the look with a light dust of translucent powder over lips after application to keep it in place, and get ready for those close-up selfies!