Top 10 cosmetics you should not live without!
1. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
Created by the legend herself, Elizabeth Arden, this magical cream doesn’t just soothe sun-burn, re-hydrate chapped lips and heal rough skin, it’s also used as make-up, to keep your brows in place and for your cuticles. Its just $21 and here’s why the 8Hour cream is so useful:
1. SKIN SAVER – Protect skin from drying wind, central heating and air conditioning. This skincare multi-tasker soothes, restores, calms and helps relieve minor skin irritations, including roughness, redness, chapped, cracked or dry skin.
2. SHINE FACTOR – Found in top makeup artists’ kits worldwide, this all-in-one beauty tool adds shine to eyelids, cheeks, lips and legs.
3. EYE OPENER – All it takes is a dab to smooth eyebrows and create a perfectly defined arch that will stay in place all day.
4. CUTICLE CONDITIONER – Soften rough, dry cuticles to keep them smooth, supple and beautifully manicured.
5. TREAT FOR FEET – Smooth rough heels and soften soles for barefoot beauty in every season.
6. AFTER-SUN SOOTHER – With its legendary soothing and moisturizing benefits, it’s the ideal after-sun treatment to relieve minor sunburn and calm dry, irritated sun-exposed skin.
7. FLIGHT TOOL – Flying can leave skin looking and feeling dry and uncomfortable. Pack this intensive hydrator to boost skin’s in-flight moisture level wherever you go.
8. LEG WEAR – Great for an après shave or après wax treatment. This classic cream calms irritation, reduces redness and leaves legs super-smooth and silky-soft.
2. Urban Decay Eye Shadow Palette
This gorgeous palette includes 12 bronze-hued shadows that can suit every occasion. The range of textures include matte, satin, shimmer and sparkle (that doesn’t fall). The palette comes with an applier brush and a mirror so you can ‘make-up’ on the go! This compact palette saves you misplacing individual eye-shadows and comfortably fits into your cosmetic bag. At $54 it’s worth every cent and lasts for ages!
3. GIVENCHY Mascara
Definitely an all time favorite. The beauty of this mascara lies in the spiked-ball shaped brush. Phenomen’Eyes gives lash by lash definition and limitless curl with an intense shade of black or brown available. It doesn’t smear, there’s no clumps and it fits perfectly into small bags.
4. Bobbi Brown Face Cream
This lightweight formula hydrates and moisturizes, conditions and nourishes your skin throughout the day. Although the cream is on the more expensive side, it does wonders. The cream is rich but not greasy and ideal for layering under makeup. The soft relaxing scent is soothing when applied and its all yours for $56 at Bobbi Brown concessions or online.
5. Bare Minerals Loose Powder Foundation
This foundation powder not only has Sun Protection Factor but it gives you that non-greasy, all-over matte coverage. It’s silky, soft texture, looks like powder, but feels like cream and doesn’t feel like you’re wearing makeup. The product looks flawless on the skin and comes in twenty different shades ranging from Fairly Light, to Medium Beige, Warm Tan and Deepest Deep. At £25 its affordable and lasts a while.
6. Laura Mercier Body Lotion
This silky smooth, milky body moisturizer instantly nourishes your skin with Vitamin A, C and E derivatives. There is a variety of different flavors, our favorite however is the Almond Coconut Souffle which is inspired by the aroma of a French Patisserie. The lotion sells for $60 for 300g and there are smaller sizes available for less. The scent follows you all day and can act as a perfume, its truly delicious!
7. MAC Concealer
The Studio Finish small pot is a lightweight, creamy, discreetly opaque concealer. It provides a long-wearing, smooth invisible coverage and all skin types and blemished. There are fifteen shades available and they are water-resistance and fragrance free. It effectively covers dark circles, blemishes, moles, tattoos and birthmarks. It also contains ‘silica’ to help absorb the skin’s oils. The concealer has Sun Protection Factor of 35 and can be applied with fingertips if you wish.
9. Chanel Eye Liner
Unlike a regular eye liner pencil or liquid liner, this soft and easy to apply pen gives precise results and is long lasting. Available in black and brown, the pen oozes liquid when needed and gives a professional finish. Its easy to remove and is priced at £26.
10. The Body Shop Make-up Brushes
This super soft, animal-hair free, face and body brush is ideal for applying loose powder or bronzer over the face and neck. The brush also withstands daily use for a long time without flattening and feels incredibly gentle on the skin. Available at Chanel cosmetic concession stands.